Activities done by our school at the 4th term of our project: (September-October 2014)
1. implementation of the Latvian proposal for an innovative teaching method.
2. Students create their personal e-mail and cmmunicate regularly with their mates from the other European schools.
3. Young students communicate with their European mates by exchanging drawings and paintings by post.
1. How we implemented the Latvian proposal for an innovative teaching method in our school:
Firstly, we showed our students the film about the Latvian song and dance festival and our students expressed their feelings and wrote their impressions in a piece of paper.
Latvian innovative teaching method, impressions.
* * *
In the English class students elaborated the lyrics of the song they heard after having watched the film of the Latvian song and dance festival.
This song of mine
* * *
Then they made paintings inspired by the lyrics of the song. The students’ paintings were collected and we produced our own film for the song.
After we had presented the Latvian symbols and talked about their meanings, the students made paintings using these symbols. The students’ paintings were gathered and we created a short film.
Later on students expressed themselves through art on the topic “Latvian symbols, using plasticine”
Apart from this students made a collage on the Latvian symbol :”The sun”.
In the Computer technology class students sang their own logo. Then we printed the logo and gave them to our students.
Lastly, our students learnt how to dance a Latvian traditional dance by the help of their physical education teacher:
2. The students of the 6th grade created their personal e-mail by the help of their computer technology teacher and communicated with their mates from Poland:
3. The young students of our school communicated with their mates from Poland by exchanging drawings and paintings.
Specifically, we gave our students the topic “draw yourself” and all students made beautiful drawings which we collected in a book and gave it to our partners from Poland.